NSDF 20 STATEMENT
16 March 2020
NSDF 20 has been cancelled.
I’m so sorry to tell you that because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, we have been forced to take the decision to cancel NSDF 20.
The health of our participants and our staff is the thing that matters to us above all. Sometimes there are things more important than theatre, and your welfare and that of your families is one of those.
It’s heartbreaking for everyone here at NSDF, just as we were about to announce everything we’ve planned for the Festival. All the new ideas we were ready to implement and the brilliant set of Visiting Artists and Masterclasses we had programmed, as well as the wonderful shows we had selected to perform.
But- in these extraordinary circumstances- we feel we have no choice.
We don’t want to do anything that could lead to this disease spreading, or to put anyone in any danger.
We are so sorry.
- For those of you whose shows were selected to perform we will be in further contact with you individually. We believe completely in your talent and your work. We will do everything in our power to mentor you and be useful to you in the future, just the same as if the Festival had gone ahead.
- We will be issuing full refunds for all tickets that have been purchased for the Festival.
- Everyone who was invited to be part of the NSDF Company for NSDF 20, we will extend the same invitation to you for NSDF 21.
- Everyone who was invited to be part of the NSDF Management Team for NSDF 20, we will extend the same invitation to you for NSDF 21.
- Everyone who was invited to be part of the NSDF Technical Team for NSDF 20, we will extend the same invitation to you for NSDF 21.
We will do everything we can to answer all queries as soon as we can, but please do be patient with our tiny team as we work through all issues arising from this unbelievably difficult situation.
I’m so sorry to have to give this news.
Take care of yourselves and of each other.
All best wishes,
James and the NSDF Team.