NSDF is delighted to be supporting Arts Award. All students who are involved already complete a number of different parts of Arts Award from Bronze-Gold level, and students who are part of our Technical or Management Teams take part in activities which directly map to Silver and Gold.
For more information about the Arts Award please visit www.artsaward.org.uk
Arts Award at NSDF
Things you could do at the festival that would contribute to arts award (for age 16 and above).
- Join our Technical Team who support all the productions and events and build some of the theatre spaces. There are technical workshops throughout the week.
- Join our Management Team who help us produce and manage the festival. The team also participate in workshops.
- Write reviews and articles and interviews for our Noises Off magazine and use your articles and reviews for your own portfolio
- Submit a show for the festival.
- Come to the festival as part of a school group – see all the shows and participate in workshops run by theatre schools, professional companies and visiting artists
- Make a video of the festival with your own reviews and comment about the productions and compare the styles of the plays at the festival.
For more details about how you can achieve your Arts Award qualification by getting involved with NSDF, please contact Lizzie Melbourne by email [email protected] or call 07539768087.