We are so very grateful to the Arts Patrons’ Trust for an extremely generous donation.
Thanks to this donation, in 2017, we were able to slash the amount the Technical and Management Teams pay to attend the Festival, and we were able to offer financial support to a further 45 students, who came to NSDF as Festgoers, in Selected Productions, and in the Company.
We plan to offer similar levels of support for young people looking to attend the Festival in 2018, and 2019. Only those between the ages of 19 and 25 will be eligible to apply for this financial support.
Clive Wolfe was Director of the Festival 1970 to 2000 and Festival President until his passing in 2014. The bursary is for someone (aged 18 to 25) who wants to gain experience in Theatre Administration and Producing. The fund is part of a collection made at Clive's funeral and we are very grateful to Pat Wolfe and to all who contributed.
The Bursary: A financial contribution made towards living expenses while undertaking a 2-week internship at a professional producing theatre.
The Programme might include:
- Shadowing and assisting an Executive Producer.
- Assisting the Press and Marketing Manager.
- Learning about Fundraising.
- Reading scripts.
- Meetings with members of staff including time with Artistic Director with reference to programming.
- Attendance at a read through/dress rehearsal/observation during technical rehearsals and any other events going on.