Announcement: Edinburgh 2018
10 July 2018
We'll be there in spirit!
For the past 11 years NSDF has packed up and gone to Edinburgh in search of the most outstanding new productions from emerging companies and to award the winners with £500 and a run at Pleasance Theatre, London.
This year we have decided not to run The Edinburgh Award so that we can concentrate on some important fundraising and plans for NSDF 19.
However, it would be a shame if we weren’t there at all.
So…If you are in Edinburgh and want to enter your show for NSDF 19, we will make sure that one of our Selection Team will be there to see it.
We also want to give a huge shout out to the companies who took part in NSDF 18 and who are taking their work up! If you weren’t at the festival this year, you will have plenty of opportunities to see what went down!
Here are some of the companies from NSDF 18 (that we know of) who are going and who you should definitely include on your itinerary:
- The Search for a Black-Browed Albatross by The Backpack Ensemble, Pleasance Dome – King Dome
- Lights Over Tesco Carpark by Poltergeist Theatre, Pleasance Dome - JackDome
- can’t stop can’t stop by samdoestheatre, C Venues – C Royale
- Buried: A New Musical by Colla Voce Theatre, Underbelly Bristo Square – Ermintrude
- Dining Al Desko by Tightrope Productions, theSpace on the Mile – space 3
- Crave by Sarah Kane and co-directed by Alice Chambers and Helena Snider-Martin (co-directors of The Events at NSDF 18), theSpaceTriplex - Studio
- As It Happened by Reactivists (with Helen Morley and Eve Allin, director and writer of Seeking Intimacy at NSDF18), theSpace on North Bridge - Perth Theatre
Not on this list and should be? Let us know and we will make sure to show our support!
image: past Edinburgh Award winners Buried: A New Musical