National Student Drama Festival (NSDF) is committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws.
We are The National Student Drama Festival Ltd, a company limited by guarantee, with Registered Company Number 3103602 and registered address: NSDF, Paines Plough Offices 2nd Floor, 10 Leake Street, SE1 7NN. We’re also a charity with Registered Charity Number 1054121.
You are a person who has done one or more of the following:
- used our website which is currently at www.nsdf.org.uk
- entered a show for selection online.
- created an online profile and subscribed to our mailing list.
- Bought a ticket to one of our festivals.
- completed an online or paper feedback form.
- contacted us via email, via the contact form on our website or otherwise.
- interacted with us on social media, either directly or indirectly.
- donated money via GoCardless,Virgin Money Giving, cheque, cash or services in kind.
- told a venue where we perform that you are happy for them to pass on your information to us.
- submitted a video of your show to us.
- submitted a CV to us.
- contacted us regarding attending one of our festivals including joining one of our festival teams.
- attended one of our festivals, including being on one of our festival teams.
- made a complaint to us.
The information we may hold about you
Information we hold about you might include:
- information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, postcode, age, feedback about our work).
- information you provide us when you purchase a ticket (for example, your name and contact details, postcode)
- details of tickets you have bought from us and/or your attendance at our festivals.
- communications with us (for example, using the contact form on our website, by email, or notes of phone calls).
- information about your purchases, donations, event attendance and interactions with our communications – including the information available through the services we use to do this, currently Good CRM, GoCardless, JotForm and Virgin Money Giving.
- information you send to us by email, via the contact form on our website or otherwise (eg your CV, information about your work).
- information you send to us to include in our programmes and reports.
- your publicly available social media activity or analytics on you provided by social media platforms e.g. Twitter handle, posts and location.
- information about you that you have provided a venue where we perform which you are happy for them to pass on to us securely.
- details relating your complaint (contact details, correspondence and any other relevant supporting documents/statements).
If you purchase tickets, enter a show, make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, (GoCardless, Stripe, Virgin Money Giving and iZettle and Curve)
How we use information about you
We collect and hold information about you so we can:
- personalise your experience of our website and/or communications you receive from us.
- record who has given money or services to us so that we can tell them how their money has helped us and others, and to claim Gift Aid where possible.
- process ticket and merchandise orders that you have submitted.
- manage our organisation effectively and continually improve what we do.
- develop our relationship with you as someone who may want to collaborate with us.
- inform future programming of events including better understanding of specific locations and tailoring work to specific audiences.
- encourage bookings for our events and donations in order for us to be less dependent on funding – according to what marketing communications you have agreed to:
- to communicate with you about ourselves, our work, future festivals, other fun stuff that we think you might find interesting, and opportunities to support us.
- to communicate with you about training and workshops.
Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you explicitly give us your permission.
Any feedback you give us we may use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law.
We would like to communicate with you about ourselves, our work, future festivals, other fun stuff that we think you might find interesting and opportunities to support us.
We will only do this if you explicitly give us permission to do this. For example, we won’t add you to our mailing list if you just give feedback or contact us through the contact form.
You have the right to opt out at any time from us contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes send us an email or click ‘unsubscribe’ within the email we have sent you.
Storage and retention
We will only store your information in services within the EEA, or in services signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We will keep your information for as long as is required for us to provide you with the service you have requested from us. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Contacting us, access to your information and right of correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you – or otherwise want to contact us, please email or write to us at NSDF, Paines Plough, 2nd Floor, 10 Leake Street, SE1 7NN
We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by a website to collect standard internet log information and information about the behaviour of visitors that visit a website.
For further information on cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will use the information we collect as a result of you accepting a cookie from our site to track your use of the website and to compile reports on the use of the website by all visitors.
You can set up your browser not to accept cookies, and the websites above tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. In a few cases, some features of our website may not function fully as a result.
Our website contains links to other websites. If you follow links to other websites, you should read their privacy policies to see how they use information about you.
Things that could change in the future without us coming back to you to get your agreement or permission again:
we could move our website to a different address.
we could change the services we use to sell tickets or do mailings.
If you have any questions about this Policy or feedback on this Policy, or would like to exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, please contact us via [email protected] or write to NSDF, Paines Plough, 2nd Floor, 10 Leake Street, SE1 7NN